Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions applicable to Mobitel mInsurance Customers
- The Cover period applicable to the Customer shall be the Calendar month commencing from the First day of the month upto the last day of the month following the date of subscription.
- The Insurance shall include the following benefits to the Customer who subscribe subject to the other terms and conditions mentioned herein.
|Type of Cover||Value of the Cover per Unit|
|Natural Death||Cover LKR100,000.00|
|Accidental Death and/or Permanent disability||Cover LKR500,000.00|
- Only the Customers with National Identity Cards shall be entitled to subscribe to this Service. The number of Covers that each person is entitled to subscribe to, shall be limited to one cover and only once Cover shall be issued in respect of each identity Card Number. For the avoidance of doubt a person with multiple SIMs shall not be able to subscribe to multiple Covers
- Each Customer is recommended to appoint a Nominee above the age of Eighteen Years (18) to be the sole beneficiary in event of death of a Customer. Nomination could be made by submitting a duly completed Nomination Form to a Mobitel branch office. Each Customer could appoint only one Nominee. In the event of multiple Nomination forms by a single Customer, the last Nomination form received by Mobitel shall be considered as the valid Nomination form and other previous Nomination forms shall be disregarded.
- In the event of Death or Accident of Customer, the Claimant/Customer as applicable must make the Claim and submit the Claim Documents to Mobitel within three (3) months of the occurrence of the death or accident as applicable (herein after referred to as ‘Claim Period’) and shall have no right to make claims after the Claim Period. This period shall not strictly apply in the case of death of Customer subsequent to disappearance.
- The Claim Documents as applicable to each situation shall be as follows and no claim shall be entertained by Mobitel without the submission of the following documents referred to as Claim Documents.
- In respect of Natural Death.
i. Duly Completed Claim Form
ii. Death Certificate
iii. Past Medical Reports
iv. Inquest Report
v. Post Mortem Report
- In respect of Accidental Death
i. Duly Completed Claim Form
ii. Death Certificate
iii. First Statement To The Police/Police Report
- In respect of Permanent and /or total disability
i. Duly Completed Claim Form.
ii. Diagnosis Card.
iii. Medical Reports.
- Upon submission of the duly completed Claim Documents to Mobitel, Mobitel shall forward same to the Insurance Company for processing and approval.
- The right to approve the Claim shall solely lie with the insurance company as per its standard practices and procedures and Mobitel shall have no right to approve Claims submitted by Customers.
- The Customer shall not hold Mobitel responsible for approving of the Claim submitted to Mobitel and Customer shall accept and acknowledges that Mobitel’s responsibility shall be limited to forwarding of the Claim Documents to the insurance Company.
- Upon successful approval of the Claim by the insurance Company, the insurance company shall release the payment in a cheque to MOBITEL in the name of the Customer or his/her Nominee as applicable.
- Upon receipt of the payment, Mobitel shall communicate same to the Customer/Claimants and the Customer/Claimants may collect the payment from a Mobitel Branch convenient to the Customer/Claimants as applicable.
- Benefits under Life and Personal Accident cover will cease when a Mobitel Customer enrolled in this scheme, attains the age of 65 years at his next Birthday.
- The Policy shall cover only the life of the Customer.
- The family members of the Customer shall not be covered under the Policy.
- Under Life, Personal Accident, Permanent disability policy, any claim pertaining to pre-existing ailment/s, disability, abnormality, deformity or congenital condition or any medical condition arising due to the said deceases shall be excluded from this cover.
The following are the exceptions that are applicable to the Life Insurance Claims and payments shall not be made or if paid shall be subject to the following conditions;
- If the Life Insured commits suicide (whether of sound mind or otherwise at the time) the Claimants do not receive any payment.
- Where the death of the Life Insured is sought to be established on the basis of presumption generated in circumstances where he/she had not been heard of for a period of two months by those who would have naturally heard of him, although the Claimants are required to make the Claims within 3 months, no payment shall become payable under the policy until the expiration of a period of seven (07) years computed from the time when the Life Insured had ceased to be heard of, and this fact notified to the insurance company.
- This policy does not cover and no payments will be made for injury or death or disappearance resulting from or caused or aggravated directly or indirectly in whole or in part by active service in the military naval, air force, police, home guards or similar service.
- No claim shall be payable under this policy if arising directly or indirectly as a result of the active participation of the Life Insured in any war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities or war like operations (whether war be declared or not) civil war, mutiny, civil commotions assuming the proportions of or amounting to, a popular rising, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, military or usurped power of any acts of any person acting on behalf of. or in connection with, any organization directed towards the overthrow by force of any government or to the influencing of it by terrorism of violence.
- No claim will be payable due to any disability, abnormality, congenital disease, illness or deformity and consequences of those, originated prior to the commencement of this policy.
The following are the exceptions that are applicable to the Accidental Death or Personal Accident Cover Claims and payments shall not be made in respect of the following conditions
- Pre-existing physical conditions
- Hazardous sports
- Flying except as passenger
- Self-inflicted injury
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Riot , Strike
- War , Civil war etc,
- Radio-active contamination
- Military services etc.
- Death or disability arising out of a catastrophic event or Plagues.
Please note that these terms and conditions may be amended and updated from time to time with or without notice to the Customers.