For the 1st time in Sri Lanka, Mobitel introduces “DOC CALL” a service in which customers can receive initial medical advice from doctors who are members of the Sri Lanka Medical Association by dialing 247 anytime of the day.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions applicable to the “Doc- Call” Service
1. Any Subscriber who uses the Doc-call service shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions as setout herein.
2. The doc-call service shall be a service which provides medical information by professionally qualified doctors. However this service SHALL NOT INCLUDE AND SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES diagnosis of sickness and prescribing of medicines and treatments for sickness. THIS SERVICE SHALL STICTLY BE LIMITED TO A MEDICAL INFORMATION SERVICE provided by professional qualified doctors.
3. Each call made under ‘Doc-Call’ Service shall be limited to a maxim of 10 minutes.
4. The calls made under this service shall be connected to the doctors who are then available on the system and Mobitel shall not guarantee connection to a doctor/s requested by the customers.
5. All rights and liabilities connected to the ‘Doc Call’ Service shall be limited to the Subscriber and shall not be extended to third parties. For the avoidance of third party herein shall mean all the persons (whole world) including friends and family other than the Subscriber.
6. The Doctors shall endeavor to provide medical information under the Doc call service with professional care and skill and in conformity to the generally accepted professional standards.
7. Mobitel does not provide any performance warranties to Customers and this Doc-Call Service shall be provided on an “AS IS” BASIS.
8. Mobitel’s Service is made available "as is" or "as available" and MOBITEL does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied in relation to the Service quality, availability, security, timeliness, accessibility, uninterrupted use, accuracy, speed or completeness to its subscribers.
9. Mobitel shall not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the medical information or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other medical information provided through this Service. Any reliance on such opinion, advice, statement or information shall be at the risk of the Customer and Mobitel shall disclaim all liabilities arising through the use of the Doc Call Service.
10. Mobitel disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of suitability, quality, and fitness for a particular purpose, and disclaims all liabilities arising relating to the Doc-call service.
11. In no event shall Mobitel or its officers, directors, employees, agents or service providers be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including damages for loss of life, loss of body parts, loss of time, loss of good health, loss of money/profits, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), breach of warranty, or otherwise.
12. In any event the aggregate liability of Mobitel and its associated service providers for all damages, injuries, and liability incurred by use of the Doc Call service shall be limited to an amount equal to the total fees paid to Mobitel by such customer during six (6) months before the event giving rise to such loss, cost, claim, or damages, and in no event shall the total aggregate liability of Mobitel exceed the total amount of fees received during the preceding 6 months by Mobitel from such Customer.
13. The customers who uses the ‘Doc Cal’ Service shall be charged at the rate of sum of Rupees One Hundred and Fifty (Rs.150.00) per each call session not exceeding 10 minutes and the call charges during the conversation shall be Rupees One (Rs.1/-) and all applicable government tax and levies.
14. These terms and conditions may be amended and updated from time to time by Mobitel with or without notice to the Customers.
What is Doc Call?
Doc Call is a medical consultancy system which enable Mobitel subscribers to connect with Sri Lanka government registered doctors through a live call.
How to use the service?
Mobitel users can dial 247 and connect with a Call center agent, and then the customer is directed to an available doctor by the agent.
Does Call center agent stay online while the conversation is going?
No. Call center agent automatically get disconnected once the live call is pitched between doctor and customer.
Is customer and user information shared among each other?
No. No personal information is shared between doctor and customer unless they intend to do so.
What is the recovery method if call dropped before the end of the conversation?
Customer can dial 247 again within 15 minutes and connect with same doctor without any additional charges.
Are doctors allowed to prescribe any medicines to the customers?
No. Doctors are not allowed to prescribe any kind of medicines over the phone.
Do customers get trilingual support for this service?
Yes. Customers can get connected Sinhala, English or Tamil speaking doctors.
Does this service have 24/7 availability?
What are the charges?
Service charge is Rs.150 per call and, customer charged Rs. 1 per every minute he stays on IVR.